Halloween is almost here and if you’re looking for some creepy treats to bake then why not try making some Halloween Bat Biscuits? Guaranteed to go down a storm with your little trick or treaters! Make sure you mix them up in a Mason Cash mixing bowl; with its embossed sides mixing is made much easier! When your spooky biscuits are ready to go in the oven don't forget to bake them on our Red & Cream baking tray to ensure that they are baked to perfection!
- 100g/3½oz unsalted
- , softened at room temperature 100g/3½oz
- 1 free-range
- , lightly beaten 275g/10oz
- 1 tsp
- To decorate 400g/14oz
- 3-4 tbsp water 2-3 drops
food colouringsPreparation method
- 1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. 2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until combined. 3. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, a little at a time, until well combined.
4. Stir in the flour until the mixture comes together as a dough.
- 5. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured work surface to a thickness of 1cm/½in. 6. Using Halloween-style biscuit cutters, cut biscuits out of the dough and carefully place onto the baking tray. 7. Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to harden for 5 minutes, then cool on a wire rack. 8. For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir in enough water to create a smooth mixture. Stir in the food colouring.
9. Carefully spread the icing onto the biscuits using a knife and set aside until the icing hardens. Recipe taken from www.bbc.co.uk