What is a Plunger Cutter?
A plunger cutter is a tool that allows you to easily cut out shapes from sugarpaste. The plunger allows the cut out shape to be removed easily from the cutter.
What material can it be used on?
Ideal for use with a wide range of edible and non edible materials including:
- Sugarpaste (rolled fondant)
- Petal paste (gum paste)
- Craft clays
How do I use it?
- Roll out your paste on a non-stick surface, using cornflour/icing sugar for dusting.
- Cut out the leaf without pressing the plunger.
- Using the plunger press the leaf onto a flat surface to produce the veining.
- To obtain a more realistic finish, use a ball tool to soften the edge of the petals.
- The flowers can be used immediately or to create added interest, place into a small cupped shape to dry.
- Complete the flowers using single or multiple layers.
- To create a simple flower centre, mould the paste into a button shape and texture using a comb tool.
- Wired Flowers – Wire can be inserted into a moulded centre and allowed to dry before threading on the petals. Shape the petals as required.
- Note: Tools used with food products should be kept separate from those used with non-food materials e.g. craft clay.
- Wash before first use, rinse and dry thoroughly.