Apple & Blackberry Crumble
Ingredients and Method
- 5 Bramley cooking apples
- 100g Blackberries
- 125g Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground cinnamon powder
- 300g Plain flour
- 175g Brown sugar
- 200g Unsalted butter – Cubed at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / 350°f / Gas Mark 4.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into chunks.
- Place the apples in a saucepan on a medium heat with the sugar and cinnamon. Heat for 5 minutes until the apples start to soften.
- Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix well.
- Taking a few cubes of butter at a time rub into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the blackberries to the apple mixture and combine.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into the bottom of your dish, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture bubbling. Serve with thick cream or custard.