Ingredients and Method
- 250g Homepride self raising flour
- 125g Caster sugar
- 2 level tablespoons Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 180ml Buttermilk
- 2 Medium free range eggs
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 200g Icing sugar
- 4 tbsp Whole milk
- A few drops Food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Coat the doughnut mould (if using) with a little oil.
- Place the dry ingredients in your Mason Cash Fred Mixing Bowl and stir together, so all ingredients are combined.
- In a Mason Cash Measuring Jug, add the wet ingredients and whisk lightly to combine.
- Pour the contents of the jug into the mixing bowl and combine together using a Mason Cash Innovative Kitchen Spatula, taking care not to over mix.
- Fill ⅔ of each mould with the mixture.
- Place in the preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Once lightly golden and springy to the touch, remove from the oven to cook. Keep the doughnuts in their moulds to cook for a further 5 minutes before removing.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, ice and decorate.
- In your Mason Cash Fred Mixing Bowl, mix together the icing sugar with the milk and add a few drops of food colouring.
- Dip the doughnut in, top side up, making sure it’s evenly coated. Place the un-iced side down on a flat surface and sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries or chocolate sprinkles.
- Other ideas for doughnut toppings Cinnamon sugar (100g caster sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon). Vanilla icing with sprinkles (as above recipe but with vanilla extract added in to icing). Chocolate glazed donuts (150g icing sugar, 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons milk, dash of vanilla extract).