Put those ripe bananas to use and make your own delicious banana bread. This classic recipe is quick and easy with minimal clean up! Enjoy with your morning brew or as a nutritious snack between meals.
Ingredients and Method
- 57g unsalted butter, melted
- 115g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 large ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 180° / 160° fan / gas 4.
- Mash the bananas with the caster sugar in a large Mason Cash Mixing Bowl until creamy, then add the flour and melted butter and slowly combine.
- Crack in the egg then mix together until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture in to a greased and lined loaf tin then use a wooden spoon to level the mixture out.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the sponge is golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Once the cake is fully cooled, remove from the tin then slice and serve.