Cheese & Spinach Pasties
Ingredients and Method
- 200g Shortcrust Pastry
- 50g Baby Leaf Spinach, chopped
- 30g Pecorino Cheese
- 60g Mature Cheddar, grated
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Heat oven to 200C/390F/gas 6. Line the baking tray with baking parchment.
- Add the chopped spinach, pecorino, cheddar cheese and nutmeg to a mixing bowl and stir together.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the pastry using a round cutter.
- Place the spinach and cheese mixture into your pastry circle, piling it along the middle of the pastry.
- Brush the rim of the pastry with beaten egg. Bring up the pastry from either side to meet in the middle and pinch together to make a scalloped edge down the centre.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180C until golden brown.