Chocolate Chip Muffins
Ingredients and Method
- 300g Self-raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 50g Unsalted Butter, chilled and cubed
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 225ml Full Fat Milk
- 150g Milk or Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F fan/ gas 6. Either butter a 12 cup non-stick muffin tray or prepare up to 12 muffin cases.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder together in a mixing bowl, then rub in the butter using just your finger tips until the mixture is like breadcrumbs. Next, stir in the sugar and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs, then mix in the milk and vanilla extract together. Pour this mixture in with the other ingredients and mix together for a couple of minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray or muffin cases and place on a middle tray in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the muffins have risen, are golden and are firm. Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Please note that the cakes are still baking even after being removed from the oven.
- After 10 minutes, transfer the muffins to a cooling rack to cool further.