Traditional Christmas Pudding
Lightly and spiced, our traditional christmas pudding is the perfect festive treat. Homemade christmas pudding is easy to make, it just needs time to steam. Enjoy loaded with brandy butter.
Ingredients and Method
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 2 Large Bramley CookingApples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 Whole Nutmeg, grated
- 1.2kg Mixed Dried Fruit and Candied Peel
- 140g Plain Flower
- 100g Soft, white Breadcrumbs
- 100g Light Muscovado Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Brandy
- 250g Butter, grated
- Butter the inside of a 1 litre (S30) Pudding Basin and line the base with a disc of buttered greaseproof paper.
- Mix all the ingredients for the pudding, except the butter, in a large bowl.
- Add the grated butter and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding basin and press down. Cover with a layer of greaseproof paper and then foil, making a pleat in the centre to allow the pudding to rise.
- Tie the foil securely with string, and then place each pudding in a large pan with enough water to come halfway up the sides of the basin.
- Steam the pudding for 8 hours, topping up with water as necessary.
- Remove from the pans and leave to cool overnight. When cold, wrap in greaseproof paper and foil and store till Christmas When ready to serve, steam again for 1 hour and turn out.