Festive Sausage Rolls
These sausage rolls with a festive twist will go down a treat at Christmas time! Make in advance and enjoy as a quick and easy lunch or add to your party spread when hosting family get-togethers.
Ingredients and Method
- Ready rolled puff pastry
- 400g Sausage meat
- 100g Stuffing (readymade)
- Cranberry sauce
- 1/2 Garlic clove
- Handful of Parsley
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 200°C (Fan 180°C/Gas 6).
- Crush the garlic and a little salt to a paste using a Mason Cash Original Cane Pestle and Mortar.
- Place the sausage meat in a Mason Cash Mixing Bowl; add the crushed garlic into the mixture, and then season with pepper.
- Unroll the pastry onto a board and cut in half lengthways. Divide the sausage meat in two and add stuffing to each mixture. Then, spread the mixture the length of each pastry strip in a cylinder shape, leaving a 1cm edge.
- Add a dollop of cranberry sauce along the top and then tightly roll the pastry around the mixture and brush the ends with the beaten egg to secure.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each roll into 5 pieces, each about 5cm long, and place on a baking sheet.
- Score the pastry with a sharp knife and brush more egg all over the top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-35 mins until the pastry is puffed and crisp and the meat has cooked through.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes, add extra cranberry sauce if you wish and enjoy!