Filo Apple Pie
Ingredients and Method
- 1.4kg Large Bramley Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 325g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 packet Filo Pastry
- 50g Butter, plus extra for glazing
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan; add the cinnamon, the sugar and the apples. Simmer for about 10 minutes until the fruit is soft.
- Once the apples are softened pour them into a 24cm square dish.
- Scrunch a layer of the filo pastry into a ball and place on top of the apple mixture.
- Brush the top of the pastry liberally with butter.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling is bubbling.