Mason Cash Gingerbread Men
Ingredients and Method
- 350g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 100g Butter
- 175g Dark muscavado sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp Golden syrup
- Mix together the flour, ginger, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the butter with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs then add the sugar.
- Add the egg and golden syrup and mix in with the spoon until it forms a dough. Tip the dough out onto a clean, lightly floured work surface. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes until it is smooth.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F fan/ gas mark 5.
- Lightly flour a rolling pin and roll out the dough so that it is 0.5cm thick. Cut out the gingerbread man shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Lay the biscuits on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven on a middle shelf for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Decorate with currants, icing or sweets if required.