Ingredients and Method
- 80g Butter
- 160g Caster sugar
- 80g Golden syrup
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Grease a square baking tin with oil.
- Gently heat the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan until the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn up the heat and boil rapidly, without stirring If the mixture goes darker at one side of the mix, then gently swirl the pan to mix it all together.
- Keep boiling until the mixture goes a golden-brown colour – this will take about 5 minutes.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and stir it for a few seconds, which will make the mixture expand and fizz.
- Tip the honeycomb into the oiled baking tin and leave until cold and set.
- To serve, cut the honeycomb into pieces.