Lemon & White Chocolate Cake Pops
Ingredients and Method
- 120g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 150g Caster Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- 180g Self-raising Flour
- 3 tbsp Milk, at room temperature
- For the topping:
- 200g White Chocolate
- Sprinkles, to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c / 350°f / Gas Mark 4 and cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice and zest then slowly add the eggs whilst mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and half the milk and fold until fully combined.
- Repeat this with the remaining flour and milk.
- Grease the bottom half of the silicone mould (the half without the hole) with butter and pour the mixture to level fill each cup.
- Place the top half of the mould over the bottom half and clip together – this will ensure that the mould will form a perfect sphere when baked.
- Bake for 35 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven until browned.
- For the topping, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and dip the end of the lollipop sticks into it.
- Insert the covered end of the sticks into the cake pop balls and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Once firm, dip the cake pop into the chocolate ensuring the cake pop is covered and gently tap the stick to remove any excess coating.
- Place the top half of the cake pop mould onto a level work surface, push the cake pop sticks firmly into the holes on top of the mould and allow the chocolate to cool for a few minutes.
- Decorate with sprinkles, nuts, icing or chocolate. Please note: if decorating with loose ingredients such as sprinkles, do not allow the chocolate to harden completely as they will not stick. Some decorating methods will require the chocolate to harden (when using icing or another chocolate)