Millionaire's Chocolate Tart
Ingredients and Method
- 175g Plain flour
- 75g Butter, chilled
- 2-3 tbsp Cold water
- 300ml Double cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250g Milk and dark chocolate
- 50g Unsalted butter
- 397g Jar of caramel
- Pinch of Sea salt
- Handful of Toffee popcorn (for decoration)
- Handful of Chocolate chips (for decoration)
- Sprinkling of Grated chocolate (for decoration)
- Smashed caramel (for decoration)
- Make the pastry by rubbing the butter into the flour in a Mason Cash Cane Mixing Bowl with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Add the water and mix to form dough. Then roll your dough out on a lightly floured work surface to line a Mason Cash Bakewell 24cm Quiche Dish, pricking several times with a fork. Cool in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 (180°C fan) then blind bake the pastry case for 15 minutes by lining it with foil or baking parchment and filling with Mason Cash 600g Ceramic Baking Beans. Remove the beans and foil and bake for a further five minutes until golden to prevent a soggy bottom. Remove the beans and foil and bake for a further five minutes until golden to prevent a soggy bottom.
- Pour the caramel into the pastry base (not too much unless you want it extra gooey), spread evenly and sprinkle over the sea salt.
- Pour the double cream and vanilla into a small heavy based saucepan and simmer. Stirring occasionally.
- Finely chop the chocolate then add this, along with the butter to a heat proof bowl and melt over a pan of water on a low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the cream and whisk till smooth.
- Pour the mixture on top of the caramel and spread evenly. Add some caramel popcorn to the edges of the tart and let it set into the chocolate filling.
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
- Once set, top with grated chocolate, chocolate chips and smashed caramel. Enjoy!