Mince Pie Cupcakes
Ingredients and Method
- 225g Self-raising Flour
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 175g Butter
- 175g Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 100ml Buttermilk
- 150g Mincemeat
- 300ml Double Cream
- 25g Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and smooth then add the eggs whilst continuously mixing.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sifted flour and mixed spice.
- Fold half of the flour mixture into the mixture then half of the buttermilk, followed by the remaining flour and remaining buttermilk. Beat well.
- Fill a 12-hole cake tin with paper cases. Place a dessert spoon of the mixture into each case.
- Spoon a teaspoon of mincemeat onto each cake then cover with a further dessert spoon of cake mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- For the topping, whip the double cream and stir in the icing sugar.
- Place in a piping bag with a wide star nozzle and pipe a generous swirl on top of each cake once they are cool.