Mulled Wine Fruit Crumble
Ingredients and Method
- 4 Apples, peeled/cored & cut into eight
- 4 Plums, stones removed and chopped in half
- 350ml Mulled Wine
- 2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 175g Plain flour
- 75g Unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 75g Light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c.
- Add the apples and plums into 350ml mulled wine.
- Add 1tbsp sugar and simmer for 10 minutes until the apples have softened.
- Drain the wine into a jug and place the fruit into the bottom of your dish.
- Return the wine to the pan and add the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Simmer for around 15 minutes until the liquid is thickened and reduced.
- Whilst this is cooling make the crumble – sift the flour, sugar and cinnamon into a large bowl and add the butter.
- Rub together using your fingers until combined and resembling breadcrumb.
- Pour the mulled wine syrup over the fruit before topping with your crumble mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden.