Oaty Chocolate Orange Cookies
Ingredients and Method
- 2 tsp Orange extract
- 1 Large egg
- 4 tbsp Brown sugar (dark or light)
- 125g Coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 300g Oats, blended into bread crumb consistency
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 100g Milk or dark chocolate (whichever suits your taste)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the orange extract, egg, coconut oil and brown sugar.
- Next, stir in the blended oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until all are combined then chill in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C then roll out the dough on a non-stick surface.
- Cut out discs using a medium round cutter (or whatever shape you want) and bake on a greaseproof lined baking tray for 10 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove and allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Whilst cooling, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or in a microwave oven and dip or cover the cookies as desired.
- Best served and dipped into a cup of coffee.