Rich Potato Dauphinoise
Ingredients and Method
- 200ml Double Cream
- 400g Waxy Potatoes
- 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled and grated
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat an oven to 160°c / 320°f / gas mark 3.
- Gently heat the cream and garlic together in a sauce pan for about 10 minutes until the cream is infused with the garlic flavour. Pour the cream through a sieve into a small mixing bowl.
- Peel and slice the potatoes to about a 3mm thickness.
- Once all of the potatoes are sliced, layer them into the dish, overlapping each slice and covering with cream. Season each layer with salt and pepper (and the sieved garlic if required). Keep layering until the potatoes are just below the top of the dish.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden. Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving