Quick Bake Scones
These quick bake scones are so easy to make and are a delicious homemade treat. Perfect paired with a morning coffee or an afternoon tea at home.
Ingredients and Method
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / fan 200°C / gas mark 7. Grease and line a baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a S18 Mixing Bowl, add the butter and rub the mixture until you have a fine bread crumb like texture. Add in the sugar and mix well.
- Whisk the egg and milk in a measuring jug until it measures at 125ml. Pour in most of the mixture into your mixing bowl, reserving a bit for later.
- Combine until you have a nice soft dough then turn it out onto a floured surface. Knead the dough lightly and roll out till it is about ½ inch thick.
- Cut out the dough using a cutter of your choice, ideally around 6cm in diameter, reforming any trimmings that you have.
- Spread the scones onto a baking sheet and brush the tops with the leftover milk and egg mixture. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and serve with clotted cream and jam.