Bossy's Rough Puff Pastry
Ingredients and Method
- 200g Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 75g Lard
- 100ml Cold Water
- 75g Butter
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Sieve your flour and then mix with the salt in a bowl.
- Cut the fat and butter into cubes and add to the flour.
- Mix the fat and butter into the flour without breaking up the lumps.
- Mix to a stiff dough with the water and lemon juice.
- On a floured board, roll the dough into a strip three times as long as it is wide, approximately 30x10cm / 12x4in.
- Fold the top third down and bottom third up. Turn the pastry sideways and seal the edges.
- Continue to roll and fold four times altogether. Leave the pastry to rest for 15 minutes between each folding and rolling.
- Wrap in cling film and leave to rest and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before using.