Smiley Face Cookies
Ingredients and Method
- 320g Plain Flour
- 200g Chilled Butter
- 130g Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / 350°f/ Gas Mark 4. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the beaten egg yolks and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour and mix until the mixture forms a firm dough. Wrap with cling film and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough to 3mm thickness on a lightly dusted surface. Divide the dough in half and cut out an equal amount of smiley faces and solid hearts.
- Divide the dough in half and cut out an equal amount of smiley faces and solid hearts.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the biscuits onto a cooling rack to cool.
- Once cooled, place a teaspoon of your chosen filling (we have used strawberry jam) onto the solid heart and place the smiley face cookie on top.