Stain Glass Decoration Cookies
Ingredients and Method
- 1 Clementine
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 180g Plain flour
- 50g Caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 12 Coloured boiled sweets
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Add the butter, flour, sugar, clementine zest and cinnamon to a Mason Cash Mixing Bowl, then using your fingers, rub the butter into the mix until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and combine to create soft dough. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Separate the sweets into colours and place in separate sandwich bags. Carefully crush into small pieces with a rolling pin.
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface, and roll out 1cm thick. Use your Mason Cash Set of 3 Mini Fondant Star Cutters to cut out the large star and place on the baking tray. Then use the smaller star to cut a ‘window’ in the centre of each biscuit.
- Sprinkle enough crushed sweets to fill the centre, and then use a cocktail stick to make a hole in the top of each biscuit, so you can tread a ribbon through them later.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden. Leave to firm up, then thread with ribbon and hang them on the Christmas tree.