Stuffed Veggie Peppers
Ingredients and Method
- 100g long grain rice
- 4 peppers
- 1 small onion
- 1 courgette
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 100g grated cheese to sprinkle on top
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c/400F/gas mark 6. Cook the rice in a pan of boiling water for 25mins, then drain.
- Slice the top section from peppers and deseed. Place on a baking tray, the bottom of pepper can be sliced to make more stable. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the chopped onion and courgette in a little oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened or slightly brown.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, sweetcorn, ground cumin and ground coriander in a fry pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add contents of fry pan into a bowl and add the rice, season with salt and pepper. Mix together.
- Fill the peppers with the rice mixture, sprinkle with the cheese on top, place the stork section on top. Return to the oven for 10minutes.