No-Bake Summer Cheesecake
Ingredients and Method
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 400g cream cheese
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 400ml double cream
- Summer fruits
- Grease a 24cm quiche dish with some butter.
- Crush the biscuits in a pestle and mortar or a food mixer until they resemble breadcrumbs. Alternatively, you can put the biscuits in a food safe bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a frying pan and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Press the cookie mixture into the base and sides of the quiche dish and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, vanilla and caster sugar in a mixing bowl before whipping the double cream into stiff peaks in another mixing bowl. Fold the cream into the cheese and sugar mixture.
- Tip the mixture over the biscuit base and smooth out using a spatula or the back of a spoon, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours (best left overnight).
- Get creative with your decorations with sliced or whole summer fruits.