Tomato, Spinach & Mozzarella Quiche
Ingredients and Method
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 pint Whole Milk
- 60ml Double/Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp Basil
- 45g Baby Spinach
- 10 inch Pastry Base
- 100g Mozzarella, chopped
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Prepare the tomatoes by slicing into ¼ inch round slices and arrange onto a baking tray before dressing with olive oil. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper, add the basil on top and leave them to roast for around 10-12 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream, eggs, milk, salt and pepper for 2 minutes until the eggs are light and fluffy.
- Roll out your pastry and line it in a greased quiche dish, trimming off the excess pastry edges.
- Blind bake the pastry by lining the case with a greaseproof sheet, fill with baking beans and bake for 15-20 mins until browned.
- Lower the heat of the oven to 190°C/375°F. After doing so, lightly coat a frying pan with olive oil and add spinach, stirring regularly until wilted.
- Remove the spinach from the pan and arrange within the pastry case along with the prepared tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Pour in the beaten eggs mixture and fill to the top without letting it spill over the edges. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes until firm and browned.
- Let the quiche cool and rest, then split into quarters and serve with a light salad.