Baked Bread Rolls
Ingredients and Method
- 500g Strong White Bread Flour
- 7g Fast Action Dried Yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Caster Sugar
- 300ml Warm Water
- 50g Butter
- Flour for dusting
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt and caster sugar in a large Mason Cash Mixing Bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in 300ml of water and 50g butter.
- Mix together until it forms a dough.
- Start to knead the dough on the worktop. Don’t worry if the dough seems sticky, persist in kneading for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Adding too much extra flour can make the bread more dense.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and leave to prove for an hour or overnight if making the next day.
- Once proved, gently knead the dough for 10 minutes and then divide and roll into 8 round balls and place on a baking tray, covered for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220c.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Once baked, transfer to a wire rack to cool, tap the bottom of the roll to check they sound hollow.
- Cover with a clean tea towel to absorb the moisture from any heat.