Ingredients and Method
- 430g Butter, softened plus extra for the tin
- 430g Caster Sugar
- 6 Large Eggs, beaten
- 430g Self-raising Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 6 Very Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 75g Icing Sugar
- Handful of Dried Banana Chips, for decoration
- Heat your oven to 180°C/ 350°F fan/gas 4. Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture feels light and fluffy.
- Now add your eggs, add them slowly and mix in, followed by a little flour.
- Now just fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and bananas and your mixture is complete!
- Pour the banana loaf mixture into the tin and bake for around 30 minutes (test this with a skewer; insert it into the middle, if it comes out clean, it's done).
- Cool in the tin for around 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing. Drizzle the icing across the top of your cake (as artistically as you like!) and decorate with banana chips.