Carrot Cake Cupcakes
A classic cake with a twist, these delicious carrot cake cupcakes have a creamy cream cheese buttercream frosting are packed with flavour. If you’re new to piping, check out our tips on how to use a piping bag.
Ingredients and Method
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 125g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 175g carrots, grated
- 1 ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- For the frosting
- 300g cream cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 150°C Fan, and line a muffin tray with 12 cupcake cases. Grate your carrots and put aside for later.
- Add the sunflower oil and eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Then add in the grated carrots and sugar, and mix well.
- Mix in the flour, mixed spice, ground ginger, and cinnamon, and bicarbonate of soda.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases, and bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes and leave to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are baking, beat the butter and icing sugar until smooth. Add in the cream cheese, and vanilla and beat again until there are no more the lumps and the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag and add your favourite piping tip. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and top with some sprinkles or grated carrots for decoration.