Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Ingredients and Method
- For the sponge
- 150g softened unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 150g light brown soft sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 150g milk chocolate, melted
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- For the buttercream
- 250g icing sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
- 75g dark chocolate
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC / 160ºC Fan and line a cupcake tin with 12 large cupcakes cases.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl until smooth. Then add in your eggs, flour, cocoa powder, milk chocolate and beat the mixture until fully combined. Next, fold in the milk chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mix into the cupcake cases evenly and bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- For the butter cream, melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and leave to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together until fully combined. Add the melted dark chocolate and mix to combine.
- Add the buttercream to a piping bag with your favourite piping tip and pipe the buttercream on to the cupcakes and decorate with some sprinkles.