Christmas Yorkshire Pudding Canapes
Ingredients and Method
- 4 Eggs
- 150g Plain Flour
- 200ml Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 200g Leftover stuffing
- 150g Leftover turkey (shredded)
- 4 tbsp Cranberry Sauce
- 10 Brussels sprouts, quartered
- Salt & pepper
- Knob of Butter
- Thyme, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas Mark 6).
- To make the Yorkshire batter, place the flour in a Mason Cash batter bowl. Make a well in the middle, and then add the eggs and milk. Whisk together until smooth and lump free then set aside.
- Fill each hole in a mini Yorkshire or cupcake tray with about 1tsp vegetable oil, then pop in the oven to heat up.
- While the oil is heating up, char the Brussels sprouts. To do this just heat the butter in a frying pan until gently foaming, then cook the sprouts on all sides until you’ve got a slight golden colour. Drain on kitchen paper then keep warm.
- Once the oil is very hot (almost smoking) it’s time to add your batter. Just pour enough batter to reach the top of each hole in the tray then return to the oven quickly and cook for 15-20 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Warm your stuffing and turkey in the oven for the last few minutes of cooking time.
- To assemble your canapés, fill each Yorkshire with stuffing, then top with a quarter piece of Brussels sprout, a shred of turkey and a blob of cranberry sauce. Garnish with thyme sprigs.