Ingredients and Method
- 160g Plain flour
- 100g Chilled butter
- 65g Golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Large egg
- Tip the flour into a food processor.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and drop them into the bowl. Mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. If you do not have a food processor, add the butter and flour to a mixing bowl and combine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Add the egg yolk to the bread crumbs along with the sugar and cinnamon. Mix to form a small dough.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ gas 5. Roll the dough to 3mm thickness on a lightly dusted surface.
- Cut out the biscuits using a cutter stamp and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Place in the middle shelf of the oven and bake for approximately 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the biscuits onto a cooling rack to cool.