Ingredients and Method
- For the shortcrust pastry:
- 175g Plain Flour
- 75g Butter, chilled
- 2-3 tbsp Cold Water
- For the filling:
- 2 tbsp Raspberry Jam
- 55g Unsalted Butter
- 25g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 120g Golden Syrup
- 90g Cornflakes
- Make the pastry by rubbing the butter into the flour in a mixing bowl with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the water and mix to form a dough. Then roll your dough out on a lightly floured work surface to line your tart dish, pricking several times with a fork. Cool in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 (180°C fan) then blind bake the pastry case for 15 minutes by lining it with foil or baking parchment and filling with ceramic baking beans. Remove the beans and foil and bake for a further five minutes until golden to prevent a soggy bottom.
- Next, spread the base of the tart with the jam. The heat of the pastry will allow it to spread easily.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan then add the sugar and syrup, stirring until smooth and the sugar has dissolved. Add the cornflakes to the pan and ensure that they are fully coated in the mix.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry case and bake for around 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Best served with warm custard.