Fiesta Chicken Casserole
Ingredients and Method
- 2½ cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 packet mild taco seasoning
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 can (425g) corn drained
- 1 can (425g) black beans drained & rinsed
- 2½ cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 350°. Prepare a 9 x 13 cm baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta, to al dente, according to package directions. Don't forget to salt the pasta water, I use about 1 tsp salt.
- While pasta is cooking, combine sour cream, salsa, taco seasoning, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the pasta (do not rinse) when it's done cooking and add into the sour cream mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add in the corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together to combine.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cover with tin foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take the tin foil off and let cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, tomato, chopped cilantro, and avocado slices if wanted. Leftovers keep well, covered, in the fridge for 3-4 days.