Lemon Drizzle Cake
Ingredients and Method
- 175g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 175g Self-raising Flour
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- For the topping:
- Juice of 1 Large Lemon
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180° / 160° fan / gas 4.
- Beat together the butter and caster sugar in a large Mason Cash Mixing Bowl until creamy then add the eggs, one at a time and slowly combine.
- Sift in the flour and add the lemon zest then mix together until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture in to a greased and lined loaf tin (approx. 8cm x 21xm) then use a wooden spoon to level the mixture out.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the sponge is golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Mix together the granulated sugar and lemon juice.
- Prick the warm cake with a fork then pour over the drizzle. It will form a crisp topping.
- Once the cake is fully cooled, remove it from the tin then slice and serve.