Macadamia and Cranberry Cookies
Ingredients and Method
- 600g White chocolate (chopped)
- 200g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Light muscovado sugar
- 180g Golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 350g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 100g Dried cranberries
- 75g Macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Melt 170g of the chocolate in a Bain Marie then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat in the sugars, eggs, vanilla and butter with an electric whisk/ mixer until creamy.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cranberries and half of the macadamia nuts to make a stiff dough.
- Place tablespoon sized round dollops of the mixture onto a lined baking tray, spacing them well apart.
- Place in the middle shelf of the oven and bake for approximately 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Poke in the reserved chunks of chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden, leave to harden for 1-2 minutes then cool on a wire rack.