Ingredients and Method
- 175g Plain flour
- Zest of 1 orange
- 110g Butter
- 50g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Orange juice
- Tip the flour into a food processor.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and drop them into the bowl. Mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. If you do not have a food processor, place the flour and butter in a mixing bowl and combine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, orange zest and juice then mix to form a small dough.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Roll the dough to 3mm thickness on a lightly dusted surface.
- Cut out the biscuits using the cutter stamp and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Place in the middle shelf of the oven and bake for approximately 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the biscuits onto a cooling rack to cool.