Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Sandwich
Ingredients and Method
- 125g Unsalted butter, softened
- 125g Granulated sugar (can substitute for caster sugar)
- 125g Brown sugar
- 125g Peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1 Medium egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 250g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- A pinch of Salt
- Strawberry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Beat the butter and sugars together in a 29cm bowl.
- Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla mixing in thoroughly.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the mix and fold until you have a firm, smooth dough. The baking soda is at work, so don’t chill the dough. Instead, flour a work surface and roll out the dough to around 1cm thickness, and cut out circular rings (or whatever shape you wish) until all the dough is used.
- Bake on baking parchment on a flat baking tray for 10 to 12 minutes until slightly browned and just set.
- Cool on the tray for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack. Once cool, spread some strawberry jam onto the cookies before sandwiching together.