Roasted Beetroot Salad
Get one of your five a day with this delicious colourful salad. It works great as a starter or even a light meal that will keep you feeling full for hours.
Ingredients and Method
- A handful of greens of choice (we recommend baby spinach and rocket)
- 3 beetroots
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- 3 chards of bright celery sticks (coloured celery)
- 1 cucumber
- 4 radishes
- Handful of pine nuts
- Pinch of salt
- For the dressing:
- Olive oil
- Balsamic glaze
- Slice the sweet potato into small cubes and place in a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, add a pinch of salt and place in the oven at 180C for 15 minutes. We recommend the Innovative Kitchen Quiche Dish.
- Whilst the sweet potatoes are roasting, peel the beetroot and slice into similar sized cubes. Be careful not to cut the beetroot on a surface that will stain.
- Once the sweet potato cubes have roasted for 15 minutes, add in the beetroot pieces and drizzle with olive oil. Put these back in the oven for a further 30 minutes or until the sweet potato and beetroot are tender inside.
- Whilst the sweet potato and beetroot roasts, wash your salad greens and dice the red pepper, celery, and cucumber into small squares. Slice the radishes thinly and then quarter. Put all these ingredients, along with the pine nuts into a large bowl. We recommend a 26cm mixing bowl.
- For the dressing, mix 2 parts olive oil with 1 part balsamic glaze and stir in a cup until combined.
- Finally, take the roasted sweet potatoes and beetroots out of the oven and add into the bowl and mix all ingredients together. Drizzle the remaining salad dressing over the top and serve.