Salted Crinkle Cookies
Ingredients and Method
- 180g Dark chocolate
- 3 Large eggs
- 130g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 4 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Rock salt
- 120g Light brown sugar
- 130g Caster sugar
- 120g Unsalted softened butter
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and place into the oven. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place the softened butter and dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water. Stir gently and once smooth, remove the bowl from the heat and set aside.
- In a Mason Cash Mixing Bowl, take a hand-whisk and whisk together the 3 large eggs, caster sugar and brown sugar for roughly 3 minutes until combined.
- Combine the cocoa powder, plain flour, baking powder and rock salt and sieve together. Save some of your salt for sprinkling later. Combine the prepared wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and fold until fully combined. The mixture should resemble a thick, brownie mixture.
- Using a small spoon, arrange your cookie dough onto the preheated oven tray, leaving enough room for each cookie to flatten out whilst baking. Before placing in the oven, sprinkle each cookie with a little rock salt, and then bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Once the cookies are baked, they should have formed a crinkle effect crust. Place onto a cooling rack. During the cooling process, the cookies will collapse a little, but they will keep their gooey consistency inside.
- Store cookies for up to 3 days in a Mason Cash Innovative Kitchen Cake Tin.