Super Food Brownies
These mouth-watering and healthy super food brownies are full of all the goodness of wholesome ingredients. This recipe is super easy to follow and makes luscious fudgy brownies that are also vegan and gluten-free!
Ingredients and Method
- 2 large avocados, mashed
- 200g dark chocolate (70%)
- 130g wholemeal flour, sifted (gluten free flour)
- 20g cacao powder
- 30g cocoa powder
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 125ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ tbsp almond milk (skimmed milk)
- ½ tsp baking powder (gluten free baking powder)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C then grease a large Mason Cash rectangular dish.
- Mix the chia seeds with water and leave for 10 minutes.
- Over a low heat, melt 150g of chocolate with coconut oil and leave to cool.
- Next, mix the melted chocolate with mashed avocados until smooth.
- Add the sugar, maple syrup and chia seeds until well combined, then mix in the sifted flour, cacao, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, fold in 50g of chocolate chunks (optional).
- Spoon the mixture into the lined dish and bake for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to completely cool.