Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownies
Ingredients and Method
- 2 Medium sized sweet potatoes (to make approx. 100g sweet potato puree)
- 125g Almond butter or other dairy free substitute
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 70g Spelt flour
- 50g Mini chocolate chips
- 85g Caster sugar
- 40g Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- To make the sweet potato puree, prick sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for approx. 45 mins.
- Once baked, remove from the oven, scoop out the flesh of the potatoes and puree in a food processor.
- Soften the almond butter over a low heat and combine with the sweet potato puree in a mixing bowl.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a large baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 25 mins. The mixture will still appear a little gooey but it will firm up as it cools.